Each of the classes at Cornerstone Christian perform a service activity each week. They learn about helping others and show their appreciation to the community.
Following Christmas break we observe the Joanne Walker Day of Service. Mrs. Walker was a wonderful lady who worked tirelessly helping many people in many ways and was a great supporter of our school. In memory of Mrs. Walker we have a day off from school, where all of our students are asked to participate in a public service project.
Service projects in past years have included:
- Singing at a nursing home
- Making and delivering Gift Baskets
- Picking up trash around a neighborhood
- Writing letters and cards for servicemen
- Donating toys and books to the needy
- Donating items to the Brazos Church Pantry
- Donating items to the Animal Shelter
- Donating hair to Locks of Love
- Decorating nursing home rooms for Christmas
Here are some of the services activities that have been performed by our students:
- Writing notes of encouragement to various people of the world.
- An active prayer ministry to pray for those friends of the school who are hurting.
- Raising money to help build a Habitat for Humanity House.
- Cleaning the church’s large auditorium.
- Cleaning the gym after the school wide Hot Lunch on Fridays.
- Cleaning white boards for the school.